With sunny weather on the horizon for the upcoming bank holiday, off-the-shoulder tops and strappy dresses mean that it's time to think about how to finally get rid of back acne or "bacne".
Some of my top pointers are listed below, but you can read my advice in Glamour by clicking here for the full article.
1. Shower every day.
2. Look for a shower gel or body wash containing the ingredients salicylic acid, glycolic acid or lactic acid and use an exfoliating scrub in the shower two or three days a week to prevent dead skin cells from building up and blocking your pores.
3. Apply a moisturiser to soothe and repair your skin barrier, but make sure that any products you leave on your skin are labelled 'non-comedogenic', meaning they won’t clog your pores.
4. Shower as soon as possible after exercise. Bacteria loves sweaty skin so it is important to remove your gym clothes as soon as possible, especially bra tops.
5. Wash bras after every wear.
6. Carry a spare T-shirt with you if you tend to sweat more in warmer weather.
7. Whatever you do, don’t pick, squeeze or scratch your spots. This increases inflammation and can lead to scarring.
If you’ve tried all of these things and are still struggling to get on top of your breakouts or are aware of developing scars, come see me to discuss the prescription treatments that are available.
© 2018 Dr Justine Kluk. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents of this post in any form is prohibited. You may not, except with our express written permission, copy, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.